12-Hour Training Curriculum
Having a solid foundation prior to marriage is an important investment in the future. This series focuses on the critical need for premarital coaching for both engaged and pre-engaged couples. Sessions include a biblical basis for the concept of marriage, marital attraction and preparation, a couple's expectations and assumptions concerning marriage, healthy communication and conflict resolution, understanding gender differences, financial responsibility and practical tools in how to balance work and life.
Premarital Coaching Includes 12 Units: An Introduction to Premarital Coaching; Biblical Foundations for a Sacred Marriage; Falling in Love for All the Right Reasons; Preparing for Marriage and Premarital Coaching; Expectations and Assumptions; Understanding the Five Love Languages; Battling Disaffection in Marriage; Understanding Gender and Sexual Responses; Balancing Work and Life; Helping Couples Manage their Finances; Decision-making, Problem-solving and Conflict Resolution; and the Secrets of a Deeper Love.
- MLCPM 101: Introduction to Premarital Coaching: Panel Interview
- MLCPM 102: Biblical Foundations in a Sacred Marriage
by Tim Clinton, Ed.D. and John Trent, Ph.D
- MLCPM 103: Falling in Love for All the Right Reasons
by Neil Clark Warren, Ph.D.
- MLCPM 104: Preparing for Marriage and Premarital Coaching
by Les Parrott, Ph.D. and Leslie Parrott, Ed.D.
- MLCPM 105: Expectations and Assumptions: Due Diligence Before, “I Do”
by Joshua Straub, Ph.D.
- MLCPM 106: Understanding the Five Love Languages
by Gary Chapman, Ph.D.
- MLCPM 107: How Couples Lose at Love: Battling Disaffection in Marriage
by Tim Clinton, Ed.D.
- MLCPM 108: Male and Female: Understanding Gender and Sexual Responses
by Archibald Hart, Ph.D.
- MLCPM 109: Balancing Work and Life
by Julie Verner, Ph.D.
- MLCPM 110: Cents and Sensibility: Helping Couples Manage their Finances
by Scott Palmer, B.A. and Bethany Palmer, B.A.
- MLCPM 111: Decision-making, Problem-solving and Conflict Resolution
by Eric Scalise, Ph.D.
- MLCPM 112: The Secrets of a Deeper Love
by Gary Smalley, M.Div., Ed.D